Every year, WhichBingo asks its readers to vote for their favourite online bingo sites. However, this year’s ceremony looked a little different to normal as it was hosted online rather than at a physical venue.
Yet its decision to act responsibly by adhering to rules surrounding public gatherings didn’t stop WhichBingo from pulling out all the stops. In fact, the “UK’s biggest online bingo community” was determined more than ever to make the 2020 awards a star-studded success as it also marks the 20th anniversary of the brand itself.
The 2020 awards ceremony was held on Thursday, 17th September via a pre-recorded video feed that saw three of the famous faces behind the newly created Bingo All Stars brand act as co-hosts.
Plenty of laughs were had as the wonders of modern technology (i.e. a green screen) allowed Christopher Biggins, Linda Lusardi, and Rustie Lee to travel to different locations around the world to perform the winners’ announcements.
As usual, the competition was fierce, and determining the lucky winners was no mean feat for the WhichBingo team as almost 200,000 votes were vast across 18 different categories. Buzz Bingo was the big winner this year, taking home no less than four of these coveted awards.
While you can view the full list of this years’ winners by visiting the WhichBingo website, we’ve included some of the highlights below:
- Best Bingo Site – Buzz Bingo, which also took home the award for Best New Bingo Site in 2019
- Best Microgaming Bingo Site – Dream Bingo
- Best Dragonfish Bingo Site – Wink Bingo, which also triumphed in the same category for the previous 3 years
- Best Jumpman Bingo Site – Zeus Bingo
- Best Playtech Bingo Site – Buzz Bingo
- Most Socially Responsible Operator – Gala Bingo
- Best Mobile Bingo Site – Mecca Bingo
XLMedia PLC Group, which owns WhichBingo, says that while “it was impossible for us all to come together” in person, it wishes to extend its “congratulations to all of the deserving winners and nominees”.