There’s no denying that checking the small print of special offers is not the most exciting of tasks.
However, when you’re playing online bingo, it’s just as important to ensure that you’re not caught out by any unexpected clauses and restrictions as it is when you’re considering claiming any other type of online or offline offer or entering a competition.
Terms and conditions at online bingo sites can be concise, but they can also be lengthy depending on the complexity of the promotion.
Here are 5 key things to watch out for when you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and take a closer look at those all-important T’s and C’s.
- Minimum deposit amount – most welcome bonus offers and redeposit bonus offers require you to deposit a minimum amount to qualify. For example, to claim a 100% bonus, you might be required to deposit at least £10 to your account.
- Maximum bonus amount – the majority of online bingo offers only allow you to claim a specific amount of bonus funds. For example, a new player promotion might offer you a 100% bonus up to a maximum of £50.
- Wagering requirements – wagering requirements are one of the most important things to check for as you won’t be able to convert or withdraw any bonus/free spin winnings until you fulfil them. For example, the T’s and C’s may that you must wager both your deposit and bonus amount 3x. Plus, there’s usually a time limit in which you must meet the wagering requirements.
- Bonus validity – many terms and conditions include expiry dates, which means that if you’re interested in claiming the offer, you’ll need to act before the expiry date. For instance, some welcome offers must be claimed within 7 days of registering an account.
- Restriction on winnings – also known as win capping. Check whether the special offer mentions a cap on how much you can win with your bonus funds/free spins as there’s often a maximum amount and it’s often quite low.
The aim is to have fun when you play, but don’t get caught out and disappointed by having missed a key piece of information.